Thursday, November 18 at 7:00 pm, via Zoom
After a long hiatus due to the pandemic and restrictions on use of Town meeting spaces, we are most pleased to announce that we will be holding a meeting on Thursday, November 18, via Zoom. This will be our Annual Meeting, as required in our Bylaws, and we are pleased to announce a wonderful program speaker, as well. The Annual Meeting will be a very important one this year and we urge you to attend. We must have a quorum in order to conduct business and we have important business to conduct this year:
- We must elect Officers and Trustees, as we have Officer terms that will expire at the end of 2021 as well as Trustee vacancies. The slate for your consideration consists of the following:
- President - Bill Johnson (incumbent)
- Vice President - Tom Capuano (new)
- Secretary - Carol Hamblin (incumbent)
- Treasurer - Bob Sheehan (incumbent)
- Trustee (remainder of Bill Donato’s term through 2022) - Merril-Lee Lenegar (incumbent)
- Trustee (full 4-year term) - John Haluska (new)
- We intend to amend the Constitution and Bylaws. The primary change relates to separation of the Guilderland Historical Society and the Guilderland Garden Club. The Garden Club membership roll had been combined with the Historical Society for purposes of liability insurance coverage (since both groups use the Town’s Mynderse-Frederick House). However, this merger has not worked as intended and we have learned that our respective insurance needs are different, so it no longer makes sense for the two groups to remain together. This is an amicable separation that will enable both groups to focus on their respective missions and to cover their particular insurance needs. We are also amending the Bylaws to allow the Trustees to set the membership categories and respective dues so that in the future we will not need to amend the Bylaws to adjust either of those. A mark-up copy of the Constitution and Bylaws showing the proposed changes is available for download.
- We will present the new Strategic Plan developed over this past year by a group consisting largely of the Officers and Trustees along with several members who volunteered to participate. Please see the Strategic Plan page on this website for additional details. We look forward to describing this and enlisting your help to pursue the new goals.
- We will discuss our plans for meetings and programming for 2022.
To join the meeting, click on this Zoom link:
To join by phone (audio only, not recommended):
meeting ID: 840 4935 0630
Program Speaker for the November Meeting:
We are pleased to welcome Bryan Farr, Founder and Executive Director of the Historic US Route 20 Association. US Route 20 is America’s longest highway, at 3,365 miles long, crossing 12 states between Boston, MA and Newport, OR. And, of course, US Route 20 is the main east-west road through Guilderland, as Western Avenue. The November meeting will be held via Zoom as noted above. This promises to be a most interesting program that you won’t want to miss!